Whether you are doing your spring cleaning or trying to make your space a little cozier in the fall in preparation for the long winter ahead, you don't have to spend a fortune to update your look. You certainly do not have to exert a lot of energy either. You may be surprised at what a huge impact small details and changes can have on a space.
- Eco Friendly Fireplace - A cozy little fireplace is just what you need in the fall and winter, but you don't have to wait to get one. There are plenty of spring nights where it is a little chilly, but you hate to turn the furnace on. Plus, if you get a tabletop eco friendly fireplace that burns bio fuel, you can carry it outside to use on your patio.
- Cloth Napkins - Changing cloth napkins that line a candy bowl or a dish with stones, acorns, pinecones, etc., is about the easiest thing you can do to create a new look. Keep a few cloth napkins on hand in different colors and rotate them. They can be used as a mini "tablecloth" beneath art, candles, photos, etc., too.
- Ribbon - Spools of ribbon are very inexpensive at craft and fabric stores, and you can do so much with them. Make a border on your mirrors and swirl it around pole lamps and cabinet handles. You can even attach ribbon to garden stakes and put them in your plants for a colorful display.
- Rug - Even in a beautifully decorated space, rugs tend to be one of the first things noticed. A new rug with a bold pattern will give your space a fresh look. You can layer rugs, as well.
- Lampshade - Believe it or not, you do not have to keep the same lampshade on your lamp that came with it 10 years ago. You can pick up a new lampshade in a different color on sale for a very good price. You can also staple fabric to the shade, if you prefer. Sometimes, just vacuuming off that old lampshade that accumulates a lot of dust can help, too.
- Chalkboard - A chalkboard may seem like a peculiar thing to have on this list, but you can write a new quote or inspiring phrase on it daily or weekly. Chalkboard paint and a blank space of wall is really all you need.