7 Must Haves for a Romantic Home
Whether you are planning a romantic dinner for a new love interest or you and your significant other try to make a point to actually have a sit down meal alone once a week the right environment can make a huge difference in the experience. Don't wait until Valentine's Day or a special occasion to start thinking about creating a more intimate setting.
- Small Fireplace - This should be at the top of your list of essentials because nothing creates romance better than a dancing flame. If you traditionally eat in a dining room then you could mount a small fireplace that burns bio fuel on the wall. You could also go with a tabletop variety that you could move to whichever room you happen to be occupying. You could even carry it out to the patio to enjoy under the stars.
- French Press Coffeemaker - Why do you need a French Press coffee maker? Just because! Anything French automatically swoons of romance. Not to mention, if you have a new love in your life they are sure to be impressed by your good taste.
- Bud Vase - No need for a large vase with an elaborate arrangement. Get a charming bud vase, and then it is more realistic to have a fresh flower all the time. If you cut them from your own garden you will be able to leave more to enjoy outside.
- Soft Textiles - Scratchy, poor quality fabrics are definitely not romantic. Who wants to get cozy under a blanket in front of the fire, if the blanket feels awful against your skin? Splurge a little extra on soft throws, decorative pillows, and bedding.
- Chandelier - A chandelier is a must above the dining room table. It will create a suspended centerpiece. Ideally, the chandelier will have a dimmer, so you can create mood lighting.
- Breakfast Tray - Breakfast in bed anyone? Maybe you just need a tray to hold your snacks for movie night. Either way, a breakfast tray that has raised edges will hold plates and glasses securely.
- Record Player - Sure, you can turn on your playlist on your computer or place your iPod on a docking station, but nothing can compare to placing the needle on the record and hearing that initial scratching in anticipation of the music. There are LP stores all over. You just need to look for them.
- Brady Draper